HOT: Serious Incident Reporting
With the summer rotation beginning we wanted to ensure the FSSs were passing along the SV Serious Incident Reporting procedures/requirements located on the SVI Portal.
- In addition to any local reporting procedures and notification through the chain of command, request that all Force Support Squadron Commanders/Civilian Leaders submit an incident report (within 1 hour if possible) of all serious incidents like the following:
- Any major property damage to services assets (fire, natural disaster, major aero club aircraft or vehicle accident, etc.).
- Any serious injury resulting in death or extended hospitalization of an employee or patron.
- Any incident of a sensitive nature involving services employees or assets. Incidents involving lawsuits, with public affairs implications, or theft, etc. are examples of incidents that would be considered sensitive.
- To report such incidents, please click on your appropriate listed MAJCOM, complete the incident information form and click send. An e-mail notification will be sent to your appropriate MAJCOM representatives, and will automatically be sent to AF/A1S, AF/A1S2, AFPC/SV and AFPC/SV-CD.
- Within 24 hours of the initial notification, submit any new information by completing and submitting another incident information form. Continue providing updates at 24 hour intervals until requested to stop.
- Questions concerning these procedures should be directed to HQ AFPC/SVIO, DSN 969-7789 or COM 210-395-7789.