Serious Incident Reporting
- In addition to any local reporting procedures and notification through the chain of command, request that all Force Support Squadron Commanders/Civilian Leaders submit an incident report (within 1 hour if possible) of all serious incidents like the following:
- Any major property damage to services assets (fire, natural disaster, major aero club aircraft or vehicle accident, etc.).
- Any serious injury resulting in death or extended hospitalization of an employee or patron.
- Any incident of a sensitive nature involving services employees or assets. Incidents involving lawsuits, with public affairs implications, or theft, etc. are examples of incidents that would be considered sensitive.
- To report such incidents, please click on your appropriate listed MAJCOM, complete the incident information form and click send. An e-mail notification will be sent to your appropriate MAJCOM representatives, and will automatically be sent to AF/A1S, AF/A1S2, AFSVA/CC and AFSVA/CA.
- Within 24 hours of the initial notification, submit any new information by completing and submitting another incident information form. Continue providing updates at 24 hour intervals until requested to stop.
- Questions concerning these procedures should be directed to HQ AFSVA/SVIO, DSN 969-7789 or COM 210-395-7789.
Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF):
Date and Time of Incident:
Short Summary of Incident:
Estimated Time of Completion/Restoral:
Next Update (Date/Time or "Final"):
Base Services Point of Contact Information
(where they can be reached, Day or Night, and additional information):